Lapband UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mummiesbb journal

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mummiesbb journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Mummiesbb journal

Post  mummiesbb Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:20 am

Hello all

After an emergency email to Frederik and reassurance that it may ease, I can honestly say that today has been the first day I have managed to drink a cuppa soup and not feel like throwing it up.
I tried weetabix this morning but it wasn't having any of it!
Felt very dizzy during one of my lessons and knew that it was time to have something so had a cup of coffee and a biscuit.
Lunch had a chicken cuppa soup and it felt good.
Warmth has obviously been the key to this but I definately have good restriction.

Two crackerbreads this evening are just sort of sitting there and are trying to decided whether they are going to stay or go!

So I am going to take it nice and easy for the next few days. I have officially lost 3 stone and weigh in is on Friday so hoping that I have lost a little more by then. I am about 8 lbs short of my first 50 lb target for Christmas.

Have a good week.
Take care
Claire

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:26 am

Week 14

As you know I had a fill last Thursday and the week after was hell. Still only really able to able to eat chicken cuppa soup. Most other things just wont be tolerated and I end up losing them.

So I weighed today as I wanted to see if my week of hell has been worth it and I would say the upside of this is that I have lost 5.5 lbs and 3.5 inches but my BMI has dropped from 35.9 to 35.0

So overall pleased just hoping that I will be able to eat again soon. Just haven't been able to tolerate yoghurt, pureed fruits, crackerbreads, philli cheese! All my main staples. So it has been water, cuppa soup and coffee.

Anyway at leaset I have continued to lose!

So will be back after the weekend as I am away on part 2 of my yoga course.

Have fun and enjoy bonfire night!

Claire

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:41 am

Hi All
Well I seem to have plenty of restriction and can only really eat cuppa soup (chicken mainly) as it stays down! Have tried solid food and it just doesn't want to know.
My usual staples have gone out of the window and I am having difficulties in the toilet area (TMI!)

Anyway biggest difficulty is getting the water down. It has stopped pooling now and just lots of gurgling. I am taking it that this is a sign of restriction? So tried drinking yogurt a couple of days ago and that was ok so shall start to put the pureed fruit back in as really need to get something in me. Lost a 1/2 lb and 1 inch this week so definately starting to get to the plateau.

Don't feel that I want to go fo another fill just yet. What do others think?
Have a good day all.

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:19 pm

Hopping around with joy.

3 lbs to go until I have achieved my first target of 50 lb loss!

Weighed today and just brilliant have lost 3.5 lbs and 2.75 inches. Just great.

Still haven't really had anything solid as it just doesn't want to be there.
Anyway, we will muster on since last fill I have lost 14 pounds (4 weeks) and hoping to lose a little more before my next fill.

Anyway going to close as need to eat and taking a little longer than normal.

Take care

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:55 am

Hello

Thought I would post as I just can't get over how cold I am! Since losing weight it has steadily got worse over the last few weeks. I know the weather has changed but I am constantly living in my furry boots, have two layers or more on and I am absolutely freezing! I dug a wheat bag out last night in order to go to sleep cosy. Would be interested if anyone has been affected like this.
Am contemplating puttin another thin layer in the top half!

Anyway apart from the cold felt dreadful this morning \9headache and sore throat) just didn't want to face the day!

Going to go as I have to pick the children up and go shoe shopping for the oldest!
Have a fun evening.
Claire

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:21 am

So it's that time of the week again and I weighed yesterday not really sure whether I had or hadn't I still can only really manage soup and clear soup at that so no veg in it unless it has been pureed down. Chicken seems to be the best!

I have lost another 2 lbs and 2 inches so up to 49 lbs and 42 inches. Really pleased and have uploaded some new photos to the site from the night before surgery to present. I can see it now and it's a real shock. I still have a long way to go though!

I shall keep endeavouring and who know perhaps by the time I get to June I will be at my target weight loss of 101lbs weighing in at 10 stones 12 lbs. What would be ironic is that we are away in Cornwall and we went to Cornwall a few weeks after I first had the band. So I shall keep that target date in my mind. It means a consistent 2 lb loss every week! We'll see. I'll probably eat my words. But then who would think I am 1lb off my first target which is for two weeks time.

Anyway going to go as a lot to do.
Take care
Claire

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:35 am

Hello All

Well 5 weeks and a few days I managed yesterday to finally eat some porridge and a few small pieces of chicken and about 4 baby carrots. Truly lovely and magical! As soon as I felt that I had reached my limit I stopped as I didn't want to push my luck.

I managed to relax over the weekend and spent lazy mornings in bed and on Sunday I was lying on my tummy and I felt a pop and gurgle. After this it felt easier to eat so not sure what that was all about but hoping that I can manage some more again today. I have only had a cuppa soup and some yop yoghurt. So family are having sausage casserole and I shall have homemade pea and mint soup - delicious!!

Booked for another fill on the 17th January if I need it. Away from the 14th for a few weeks in the States and so looking forward to this!

Will do a little retail shopping for some new clothes and not go to mad! Particularly as I am now half way there and have another 50 lbs to lose so I am going to chunk it up into two lots of 25 lbs and see how I go.

So if you are having restriction issues I perservered and have got through it but do what is right for you. The weeks since the last fill haven't been fab and at times I have felt like I was spaced out through lack of energy etc.

Take care

Claire

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:29 pm

Hello all

Weighed on Friday and had lost another 2 lbs and 1.5 inches so total loss is 51 lbs and 42.5 inches. Really pleased. Have managed some food but mainly still on soup, some porridge first thing and some lumpy soup in the evening.
Restriction does seem to be easing but then I have one bad day and seem to go backwards and have restriction, tightness and vomiting. Trying to be so careful.

Not long now till we are off and can't wait. Looking forward to seeng the big cheese himself.
Anyway will post again tomorrow and update my ticker. I will have three weeks of not knowing how much I have lost whilst away not sure I will be ok with this but then I could always find some scales over there. Not a problem.

Take care

Claire

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:03 pm

Happy New Year been a little while since I posted so thought I would let you all know how I am getting on.

Have lost quite a lot over Christmas and whilst away in the States. So currently sitting at 59.5 pounds and 49.75 inches lost. So very happy. 41.5 pounds to go and then I will be at my target. So will be 23 weeks tomorrow since I was banded and I've had two fills to date.
Seeing my GP tomorrow about getting the ball rolling for the reconstructive surgery i.e. tummy and breast lift/reduction. Hoping that I will be able to get them on the NHS but you just never know. Since losing weight I have been in agony and my shoulers and back are killing me. I have backache in the shoulders and scapulas and in the lower back around the sacrum. It's quite debilitating and difficult to walk around expecially at the start of the day. Anyway enough about my woo's.

I'll be back tomorrow to update my weight loss and inch loss properly and hopefully have some idea whether I will be pursuing this or starting to save to go back to Belgium for the procedures.
Have fun all.

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:32 am

Hello All

Happy New Year! Taken me a while to get on been hit by jetlag really badly still not really turned around and we have been back a week.

Congratulations to all those going to be banded and those that are having steady results. For those that have indulged it will come off be patient.

Over the three weeks we were away I lost quite a bit.
Total loss is 59.5 pounds and 50 inches. The walking really helped and I feel much fitter.
So another 41.5 pounds.

Had an interesting appointment with my GP on Friday who did a double take bless him and was beaming from ear to ear about how much I had lost. I went to see him about a breast reduction/lift. In 2004 I was referred and accepted onto the list and the criteria was a BMI of 30 imagine how gutted I am to be so close to this and be told that the criteria is now a BMI of 25! Okay so new target set but he wouldn't refer me as he said it would be rejected as my BMI is 32.3. So I have to go back in a few months and see where I go from there. I really would like this done over the summer holidays so I have 6 weeks recovery.

I have enquired with Frederik as well. I would rather not pay for it especially as I had the funding before so shall perservere. NHS funding seems to be so stringent. I have really bad ezcema under the breasts and in the cleavage area and the pain in my shoulders and upper back has been phenomenal since I lost weight. I also have a vertebra missing (T10) which makes my back a little more unstable. So all in all the weightloss has really helped but I am in quite a lot of pain and have locking up in the shoulders frequently.

Anyway the journey has been interesting and I am so pleased that I had this procedure done. I feel renewed, a lot healthier and happier. People at work have started to notice and I have been very open and honest about it and said what I have had done. When I reach my next target 75 pounds I am going to celebrate (not sure how but I will think of something!).

Have a lovely Sunday
Take care
Claire

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:07 am

Morning all

Hope everyone is well and looking after themselves.

Have moved my fill appointment to the end of February as restriction is definately there and it would just silly to go and spend £80 and have a 0.5ml when I know it will just close it up further. Still only really managing lumpy soup but a couple of nights ago I did manage a small piece of pork chop with 2 pieces of broccoli and 2 chantennay carrots. Took me a while to chew my way through but I did it. But then the next night absolute hell and felt dreadful. The band is so variable!

Anyway weight loss wise I have now lost a total of 63 pounds and 52 inches so very pleased. Lots of people are asking me - have you lost weight? One of my colleagues came running up to me at the end of the school day and said "How have you lost all your weight? Have you cheated?" I wanted to know what she meant by cheated and her reference was to certain shelf bought shakes. So I explained that I was using a nutritional supplement and had had a gastric band! She's doing WW and is happy with her loss etc and was open and honest and said she likes her food too much. It did make me smile.

Anyway, off to teach baby massage and then dentists appointments for the children and I - should be fun! Ohh and to raise a concern that my local hospital has restricted birthing mums to one birth partner only! Letter being processed as I write. So hopefully we will get the result we want that you can't restrict womens rights and their choices.

Anyway just stepping off soap box

Take care.

Claire

Have a good day and take care of yourselves.

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:17 am

Well week 27 and I can't quite believe the week I have had.
Started off Sunday evening with littlest throwing up and deciding I would stay home with him on Monday. Felt ghastly during the day and then started to throw up aswell so not great.
I wasn't able to keep water down or any other liquids or food so feeling very sorry for myself and starting to get dehydrated, not good.
Managed a few sips on the Monday night and went to bed feeling exhausted. Tuesday no better really but managed small sips in day but kept being sick when I tried to eat. Eventually in the evening I gave up. Wednesday seemed to be better until I bent over ohh dear did I feel dizzy and light headed so took it really easy. Managed some soup at lunchtime and didn't lose it so thought we're on the mend. Again for dinner I managed a cuppa soup but felt exhausted.

So it's Friday and I feel better (still not 100%) but have to be better as have to go to work.
Weighed and wohoo I have lost 3 lbs and 2.75 inches not surprised really because of the sickness but another 3.5 pounds and I have lost 70 pounds (5 stone) that's incredible and not
to forget the inch loss aswell which is 56.75. Just amazing!

Anyway, see how we go this week and see if I can start to eat a little more I seemto have a break through on the solids front a few weeks ago and then nothing so will have another go this week coming.

Have a good weekend and enjoy.

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:17 am

Week 28

Had a much better week. Managed a small amount 1 tablespoon of chicken chat, and at our mentor training I managed some couscous, wild rice and lentils with rocket, and two pieces of chicken.
I had a treat last night a glass of white wine, it was lovely.

Weight wise I measured and weighed on Friday and had lost 1 pound and 3/4 of an inch so slowing down. In some ways I am glad as it has been a 27 week roller coaster and very fast loss, so I shall see how I go as I have just managed to eat solids again after a very long period. I have a fill booked for the 24th February but may cancel as I don't want too much restriction again and now understand my limits in how much to have on a plate. Soup goes down easily and this I am really pleased about.

Anyway have to go as papers to assess and I have a new knitting project and would like to get cracking with it as well as prep school work and tidy the back room thanks to one of the draw bottoms deciding to be stroppy.

Have a lovely weekend.
Claire x

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:26 pm

Hello all

I know I haven't been on for a little while, been caught up with extra days in school, yoga classes and half term.

Congrats to everyone who has been for their surgery, hope you are recovering and TAKING it easy!!!

Well weight wise I seemed to have slowed a little which in some ways is good as it has been a bit of a downhill rollercoaster for 30 weeks. I am 1/2 a pound off of 70 pounds loss which I am really pleased about. I have managed a few solids along the way but still mainly protein rich soup, some yoghurt, aptimals (oops I think I have spent a few too many days around my baby groups) should be actimels! herbalife shakes when I can get it down, and a little bit of cheese (only now and then as it is a little tricky at times) IYKWIM

So have a fill booked for the 10th March and looking forward to that. Feel great otherwise and full of beans!
Will endeavour to come back as soon as possible when pace of life slows a little and gives me a chance.
Take care and look after yourselves.

Claire x

5.5 lbs until treat! Have my thinking cap on!!!! Then just 26 pounds to go! Yeah so close just need to stay focused.

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:02 pm

Hello everyone

Hope you are all well?
So been an odd week. Had my fill a week ago Thursday and managed a soup on the day, Friday and Saturday fine then bang on Sunday I had restriction like the October killer fill! Difficulty getting even water down again so took it easy and avoided anything that would get stuck.

Anyway seems to be getting a little easier which is good but not able to eat until 10 at night so managing on very little. Lost 6 pounds first week after fill so one step closer to the last 31 pounds. 25 to go and not sure if I will make the target date I had in mind. But we will see 10 weeks and counting. I have another fill planned for the 5th May and I am away that weekend in Edinburgh on a study day so hoping that I will be ok for the journey. Fingers crossed should be.

Had a new hair style as well on Thursday - very spur of the moment. Felt great that I had a day to myself and met a lovely colleague for lunch and then went to have it chopped. Debating about some colour only because I miss being outdoors.

Today was great because the sun was shiningand I was out in the garden sorting, pottering and planning.

Anyway hope everyone is ok and taing care of themselves.

All for now

Claire

p.s.
I forgot to say that I went from OBESE on the scales to OVERWEIGHT it was a big woop that had the children running from the kitchen!!

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:13 pm

Evening all,

Weighed in yesterday and had lost another 1.5 lbs and 3 inches so very happy that the 0.5ml fill I had is doing it's magic.
Still only really managing soup but tying to pack in the protein with this as much as possible.
I have to have a recycle of my clothes as I look a little like a clown as trousers are far too long and very baggy. Had Imi's district show and there were a few people there who did a double take and were quite shocked at what they saw infront of them! So well pleased that it's having this effect. I even managed to ensure someone didn't recognise me at all! What a feat!

Booked for another fill at the beginning of May, hopefully with Dr Chris and then I will book for my yearly check for the beginning of August if they are over. Hoping to have reached my target of 101 lbs by my first bandiversary (31st July)! We shall see. So I have lost 76 pounds and I did say I was going to have a treat. We have booked a couple of days over Easter in Mudeford so shall go paddling and crabbing with the children and have a fun time.

Well will be back again in the next few days or even next week.
Take care and look after yourselves.

Claire

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:10 am

Hello all

Week 35

Well I have got tighter and tighter again and only really managing cuppa soup. Even yoghurt is difficult but then that could be that I tried to rush it down as I needed to go and teach. Soon let me know as I get the most terrible pain in my back and just have to go get rid of it. Feel absolutley dreadful afterwards aswel and very reluctant to take anything in.

Weighed in yesterday and had lost 1.5 lbs and 1.25 inches so total loss of 77.5 pounds and 66 inches. Phenomenol! So on the downward path for the last 25 pounds to get to a total loss of 101 pounds hopefully by the anniversary og having the band (30th July 2010).

Had a setback yesterday whilst walking to pick the children up as I managed to fall over (didn't trip over anything or anyone) my dad said I should take more water with it BUT as I don't touch the stuff (alcohol) then that's not possible. I feel absolutely exhausted and wonder if my lack of water could have been a factor. I ended up in A&E with my knee brace on and just wanted to be checked over because of the ACL replacement I had done in 2008. Just as things were going so well with teaching yoga and school! I realy don't want to embark down this path of my life again. So fingers crossed that it is the swelling that is causing all the twinging in the back of the knee and nothing more sinister.

Apart from this, feeling very positive, I was asked by the nurse in triage if I had taken any pain meds and explained that I didn't think they would go through because of the band so she gave me soluable paracetamol as I can't take brufen. She was really interested in how I had got on wth it and I was really proud to tell her how much I had lost and that I was waiting to buy new clothes and just replacing little bits as I go along. She was very impressed.

So all in positive but in a lot of pain.

Take care and have a lovely weekend.

Claire

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:21 am

Hello all

Week 36

Well 20lbs to go. I have lost 81 pounds and 67 inches. Wow wow wow! I can't believe I am so near my target.

I started thinking if I was going to be happy at this target as I have been working towards this for the last 36 weeks! What if I don't stop losing after I have got to it, is that wrong? Is it what my body needs? I am also wondering if I will get less restriction etc. I know that I may have to go for a bit of maintenance in terms of fills but will my body know when it needs to stop losing weight?

I'm already shocked at what I see in the mirror. I will upload some photos of the journey so far. I can't quite get over the change from July 2010 until the beginning of January and until now. It's amazing. I am so not used to seeing myself like this and sort of miss a stage of my life when I felt I was ok. I suppose that would be the day I got married. Anyway I am going to have to get used to it as it is a part of me and I'm not going back to the 18 stone + me.

So howdid I do this week. Lost 3.5 lbs and 1 inch so BMI is now 28.7 getting nearer to 25 to be referred for boobs!

Well going to close, have a super weekend and shall post photos after sending this. Take care
Claire x

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:34 pm

So I posted this on lapbandtalk.com as I have found the support on their to be fab

w........ s........ on 09 April 2011 - 11:06 PM, said:

claire you look amazing what a difference,well done hunny you should be proud,such a big channge in a short timeyou will be at target in no time xx

Thank you I always think it is good to put a name to a face. So I have taken the plunge and be open and honest all the way, "you've lost weight"- "yes I had a gatrric band", "ohh I only ever read about that in magazines and heard so many negatives", "never met a real person with one and such a positive experience you have had, wow you have lost how much!"!

So yes open, honest all the way and wouldn't want it any differently. Even went live on my Facebook page tonight how brave am I or perhaps that should be stupid. But then I always believe that there is a message for everyone that there is always a choice and that it isn't dependent on someone from the NHS saying yes or no and that we can take control of out own destiny! Hence why so many of us end up with Dr Chris.

Thanks for the lovely comments, I am now stepping off my soap box and going to make cupcakes for tomorrows visit to nanny & gramps and hopefully a trip to Salcey Forest tree walk!

Have fun

Claire x

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:30 am

Ohh it is so nice to be on holiday with the children! I'm on a non school work week so nothing but house, a little business and the family.

Had a lovely afternoon at Salcey Forest with the children and my mum and dad. It was glorious weather and I felt on top of the world or perhaps that should read flying higher than the tree tops (due to the tree walk there)

Seem to be having a better few days. Managed some milk for breakfast over the last few days so I feel better as I am getting something down first thing.

Sometimes only really manage a few spoonfuls of soup at lunchtime but hey ho. We went out for a meal last night or perhaps I should rephrase this the family went out and I sat there watching them eat as there was nothing on the menu as they had run out of soup that I could eat! I picked at the veg that Mark & Matti had on their plates (cauliflower and swede) but that was it. So came home and had a chicken soup.

I booked my treat finally going for a Thai Massage and foot spa in Covent Garden at some point. Will find a date in June when I can go and enjoy. Need to make sure it's not a 2nd or 4th Thursday of each month as I am relaunching a support group I offered before and teach a class on the 4th Thursday.

The Facebook post went down better than I hoped and all were very gentle and lovely and some fabulous comments. So glad I have kept this open and honest from the outset. I know some people do have issues with this level of honesty but I couldn't live with myself if I didn't because it's just not my way.

I had an appointment with the GP yesterday asking for a referral for my left knee as it's giving me a little bit of gyp! Really don't want to go back down this path again so hoping it's nothing more than a bit of something that can be sorted easily.

I did ask him about whether the criteria had changed for the breast reduction and told him what my other half had said about them pointing even more south since I have lost the fat under my breasts! He was a little taken back but fine when I said that I wasn''t affected by the comment and would prefer that people be open and honest.

He thinks I will meet the criteria but have to be at 10 stone 7 lbs to get a BMI of under 25 so slightly new target of 106.5 pounds rather than 101 pounds. I have just worked out that I have 25.5 pounds to go. So I am going to chunk this up into original target of 101 pounds and then secondary target of 5.5 pounds as I felt a sense of "ohhh my goodness what!" when I saw what I have left to do. But I have to look at it that I am 81 pounds down so 25.5 is going to be fine and achievable.

Next fill I am going to ask for 1 ml rather than a 0.5 ml but again don't want to be over restricted like I was in October last year. So shall go with Dr Chris' guidance on this. It will be really good to see him and to see his reaction to the weight loss.

Right I am going to close as lots to do and can't sit on the computer all afternoon.

Take care

Claire
x

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:33 am

Week 38

Last week I didn't have a chance to post but did measure and weigh and had lost 6 stone then managed to put a pound back on. So a bit disheartened but then I have to look at what I have had and there was a glass of white wine and a glass of rose. Spent a glorious few days away in Mudeford and the weather was fabulous. We spent a lovely relaxing afternoon on the beach and fell asleep! Matti played in the waves and splashed around with a little boy who was also near to us they had a lovely time.

We then headed for our hotel and booked in & had dinner. I didn't have a very good time food wise as I seem to be quite reactive to travelling and the stresses that can be attributed to this. Next day was better and I did manage to eat some cheese biscuits with pate on them, some soup and two small pieces of cod throughout the day - the family had seaside fish & chips. I also had a strawberry milkshake! Plus a lovely day at Beaulieu Motor Museum.

Went crabbing in the morning which the children loved and then sat in a small play area and chllled in the sun. Went for a stroll along the beach and saw some gorgeous beach huts if you have £15,000 or £32,500.

We travelled back late yesterday evening and met up with a close friend for late lunch/early dinner. Had tomato & basil soup but have noticed recently that anything that is tomato based really doesn't like me. Managed about 3/4 of a bowl but really struggled and had to take my time with it. My friend hasn't seen me for a long time and so was a little concerned asking if I was ok etc (really lovely that someone should actually ask) as all the others are so used to me.

This evening I have cooked chicken & prawn risotto for the family with rocket salad, beetroot, gherkins and tomatoes. I managed a small spoon full of risotto minus the prawns and had three pieces of small chicken, one piece of rocket and a small fork or rice plus two little bits of beetroot. In some ways I would love to take photos of what I don't eat as I can't quite believe how much I leave and it is such a small portion to start with. It seems to be enough to keep me going.

I had one treat when I was away in Mudeford. I wasn't able to manage this nearly a year ago in Cornwall but in Mudeford I had a half of a cream tea scone with butter, jam and clotted cream. I took my time and it was glorious ... unfortunately I couldn't manage the cup of tea I had with it.

So have I lost? Yes I did lose this week but I feel disappointed with myself as I should have had more control but as I was on hols decided to be less strick with myself.
So lost a 0.5 pound and 1.75 inches. It's a plus on the inch loss which is great.

So reassessing my targets I have the following to lose by the 30th July and I have a fill booked for the 5th May at which I am going to ask if they could put in 1ml - 1.5ml but I want to be sure I don't have over restriction. I do need to lose the last few pounds now so I can meet the criteria for the breast reduction.

Pounds to go: 23.5
Lost 85.5 pound so far
Started at 253.5 pounds
Total loss by the end (whenever that may be) 106.5 pounds

23.5 pounds compared to 85.5 pound loss is small fry! So lets get on with it and just knuckle down and stay on the path to the target! A thiner me and healthier me!!

So onward & upward from the small acorns that I started with at the beginning of thei journey and I mworking my way up the mighty oak tree.

Have a lovely evening what's left of it.
All for now

Claire

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:19 am

Yes I am there 6 stone yippee decided to geton the scales this morning and I must have weighed at the wrong time as I was spot on 6 stone loss. 84 pounds!!! Yippee

Can you tell I am really pleased. Now just go the last 22.5 pounds to go. Bring it on....

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Mon May 02, 2011 6:59 am

Week 39

So we are getting nearer and nearer to my bandiversary and I have 20 lbs to go. I know I know to be so obsessed! However I have been so focused for the year that I shall be glad when I reach target and can start to just get on wthout having to be so obsessed.

So pleased with results to date although starting to look at loose skin! Bit daunting but just another hurdle to attack nearer the time when I am ready.
I am now in a 12 top and 14 bottom so very chuffed how many dress sizes I have decreased.
Someone said that they thought I had taken it too far! They are so used to seeing a plump me and not a slimmer version! I think I am fine and feel fab. Few aches and pains but feel great and that's what matters in this journey - how you feel about what you are doing. Yes it's lovely that people compliment you but you have to feel comfortable in your own skin don't you???

So this week was a little better on the food front although I have got good restricton and find I can't eat until later during the day. Had a bit of an issue with the elimination aspect of my body and will address this with my GP as I don't want to go there again - just to say it was very painful!

So have lost 2.5 lbs and now weigh 11st 13 lbs and BMI is 27.8 inch loss this week was 1 inch. Total inch loss is 71.25. Since the fill on the 10th March, when I had 0.5ml, I have lost 18 pounds which is great.
I am not sure how much I want to have put in on Thursday and shall be debating with myself if I should have 0.5ml or 1ml or somewhere in between. My common sense tells me 0.5ml so that I just maintain what I am losing nice and steadily.

I am off to Edinburgh this weekend for a study day with the lovely Sarah Buckley and can't wait to be away. Looking forward to a lovely positive day around birth colleagues. Just not sure about the travel as it's overnight both ways on a coach. Should be fun just hope I can sleep.

Anyway going to close, everyone stay positive and keep going it will come off and you are all doing so well. Gently, gently.

Claire x

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Sun May 15, 2011 3:58 am

Week 41

Been a good week in terms of flying by. Probably quite a few shocked that they had to do a 5 day week. Need the routine to keep me busy!

Had a fill last week, had 0.5ml, with Dr Chris. He's very good and very quick at doing the fills.
When he weighed me I was shocked that he had told me I had only lost x amount of kilos and so when I was walking along chatting to my husband on the phone I asked him to double check the kilos and it seems Dr Chris' scales may be out by 12 kilos! I am planning to email Frederik to ask him to check my computer record and get the scales recalibrated!

So have lost 90lbs (yes you have read it right!) can't quite believe that that was a magic number when I first started this journey back in July last year. One I thought I might never achieve or believed that the band would work so well. But it has. Although I have now been subjected to a few comments that I have taken it too far! One was my neighbour and the other was my mum! She said I looked haggered! Thanks a bunch. Well it's not going to deter me as I have a target and need to get to t. I don't want to go any lower than that though as I think it would be too much. So 16 pounds to go and I'll be there. I am going to book my GP appointment so that I can go and see him to get the ball rolling on the boobie side. Just keeping fingers crossed they agree to the funding on the NHS you know what it's like.

Anyway will ceck in again, hope everyone is looking after themselves and taking the journey at their own pace. Take care

Cx

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Fri May 20, 2011 2:56 pm

Week 42

Have had a lovely day and feeling so positive with myself. Yes I can have down days like everyone on here but I had a lovely yoga class this morning and then baby massage and it makes me realise that we are so lucky in the people we meet and become friends with and have the priviledge to talk to and listen to. I feel particularly honoured as it's quite intimate what some people share with me in terms of how they gave birth etc

Everyone seems to be dieting around me and I bump into people and they say what they are doing Dr Dukan, weight watchers etc and I am so pleased for them and don't want to say how much I have lost so that they think their loss is insignificant when it's not. So I keep being really positive with them all. Brushing mine off as if it's nothing.

Anyway I weighed today as is the traditional activity of an early Friday monring and had lost 3 pounds and 2 inches. I still can't quite believe that it's going and still have this image in my head of me really big! I have bumped into a few of my mummies and they are like "your disappearing", one even did a double take and then realised who it was.

So I am sat enjoying a lovely glass of rose and had a small amount of couscous earlier which seemed to decide to stay. I am trying to make a concious effort to focus on eating more but struggling due to the restriction even soup which is very thick is having a difficult time, although I am managing cuppa soup. Takes a while to get it down though!

One more week in school and then half term, but 270 exam papers to mark! Not fun! But all part and parcel of what we do. Really looking forward to half term and going away. Hoping the weather stays nice but even if it doesn't I shall take my lap top and focus on the small projects I have to do to promote my Birthlight pregnancy yoga classes etc.

Sorry for rambling. Hope all ok. Take care and be back soon.

All for now

Claire x

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next