Lapband UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mummiesbb journal

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Mummiesbb journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Mummiesbb journal

Post  mummiesbb Fri May 27, 2011 2:47 am

Wahoo can't quite get over this but another 2 lbs down and 0.5 inch so sitting at 95 lb loss and 76 inches. Wow that's a real feel good factor.

So 11.5 lbs to go and then a huge celebration! In a size 12 trouser and hopefully will settle at a 10/12 - would be really happy with this.

Those that have had their band for a while did you maintain your weight or did it fluctuate a little here and there. Did you manage this with nutritional shakes or fills? Obviously when I reach target I don't want to really lose anymore but does it just stop?

Having the oddest week in terms of food; usually my staple is soup (as it has been since October last year - I know boring but that was all that I could consume) but this week it just hasn't wanted to stay almost as if it's too thick and causes sliming etc (sorry for the TMI). I have been able to manage crackerbreads with soft cheese smeared over the top and more liquids than before which is a bonus. Anyway off to teach baby massage and spend some quality time with my mummies and their little bundles of fun.

Have a good day and stay positive and focused.

Cx

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:37 am

Hello all

Back from a lovely week in Cornwall with superb weather. I felt comfortable being on the beach and being in a bikini although didn't take my t-shirt top off as I didn't want to show my horrible all loose skin boobs and tops of my thighs! Ohh how I do hope I can get funding to have the top half done as they are awful and I felt very concious of them!

Apart from that though have come home to weigh and have lost another 3.5 lbs. So aware that I am struggling to eat though and to get the liquids down. Have had some good days and very down days where just felt very stressed.

Interesting that another buddy found it to be linked to stress. I was sat very quietly the other evening and started to have heart palpitations and eventually they slowed down but it did frighten me a little. Has this all been just a little too quick????? Had my blood results back as well for my Thyroid and it was 2.5 which is within the norm but so lost as I'm not sure whether I should resume taking the eds or not. Decided to take them every other day and wondering f this is what is causing me to feel unwell.

Other interesting point (maybe not for anyone else so sorry) but I noticed when I went into the Tropical Biome at the Eden Project last year I sweated buckets. This year I walked around in trousers that had a warm layer underneath and a t-shirt and everyone else was sweating but I was cool as a cucumber and as soon as I came out had to put my warmer layers on as I felt so cold. Is this normal????/

Anyway, 8 lbs to go and just 1.5 lbs until 100 lb loss. Wow this was my 3rd mini target and I can't quite believe that I am so near. The last 6 pounds I shall be wishing off as I need to make a Dr's appointment and see my GP in order to get the referral.

8lbs to go and I feel great in a definate size 12 as I picked up a pair of trousers I bought whilst in Cornwall and they fitted perfectly.

Hope everyone is doing ok and comfortable with where they are at. Take care and look after yourselves.

Cx

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:57 am

Hello all

Haven't been on over last few days good to see everyone.
So I am 2.5 pounds off my target and I think I feel depressed! Why? I know I know I am nearly there but I look like a bag of skin! It's awful!! Even my husband won't touch me as he doesn't like it. So much for feeling great about myself. I'm not sure how I am going to overcome it. I am doing yoga but this will strengthen and tone the muscles underneath not tighten the slack skin! I am just going to have to hope that the GP feels really sorry for me and when he does the referral for the top half that the Consultant may consider the other bits. Anyone know of a good plastics person who is reasonable and won't cost an arm and a leg! Ha ha.

So have been on a Well Woman yoga course and absolutely amazing. Looking to start classes up and help with menstruation, infertility, conception, menopause and other female conditions e.g. fibroids, cysts, prolapses etc. All very interesting and something that the surgeons knife should be the last thing to consider. So glad I decided to extend my studies and do this.

I have a GP appointment in 2-3 weeks so shall wait and see what he has to say about the concerns I have. Otherwise it looks like I am going to be saving up!

Everyone have a super day and I will be back soon.

Claire x

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:02 am

Week 50

Wow this has been an amazing year. Just 2 weeks to go until it's officially a year since I had the band.

So have I done it???? ....... Find out a little further down.

I have had a mixed week really trying to manage solids. We had Nasi Goren last Sunday and I took some left overs in to work on Monday and I managed to eat it without losing it - what an achievement. I've managed some other solids this week but it has been trying so I am about to email to Freddy and seek some advise in terms of what I need to do to get this back on track to before last October. Don't get me wrong I have either weetabix (a half of one with semi skimmed milk) or some Cheerios for breakfast and they do manage to stay or I have a mlkshake as I can take my time with that. I'm finding it easier to get the water in aswell. So something is definately happening in terms of less restriction. I just want to be able to eat slightly more as it is a maximum of about 10 grains of rice and 2-3 small pieces of chicken that measure about 1/2 an inch.

So what are my measurements for this week?

Well here goes:

Weighed 10'8 1.5 lb loss - BMI = 24.6 Total weight loss = 105.5 Inch loss = 1 Total loss = 86.5
So technically I am there. A pound is nothing in the grand scale of things and I am jiust going to be less stressed about this and just let it come off as it needs to.

So I am very happy!! Very Happy clown Laughing and feel very proud of myself; that I have stuck to the plan and managed to lose the weight and feel so much healthier.

I will keep posting as this is my motivation and I shall keep recording my weight and inches as I feel that I need to maintain this discipline so that I don't slip down a slippery slope to gaining weight.

I have an appointment in two weeks with the GP to see about the surgery for the other bits and see what he recommends and if I can qualify for the funding. I hope so.

So signing off one happy lady, who is between a 10 & 12 top and bottom half and drastically reduced in size!

Cx

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:21 pm

Week 51

Wow can't believe that one more week and I have had my band for a year. What an amazing journey it has been. Quite an adventure into the journey of food and just how the body copes when it has next to nothing! I am very very happy as I have obviously achieved my target and more! I need to book an appointment for September to go for my annual check up but shall do that at the start of September.

So this week I have lost 1bl and 3 inches. This is fine as I am trying to eat more and trying to get more fibrre into my diet. I am also having a glass of prne juice morning and night to avoid constipation as it was very unpleasant at the start of the week.

It doesn't help when your fridge decides to go on the blink. It's finally been written off so that we can go to the shop and get another one. What a nightmare! But we are nearly there!
Just need to watch that certain foods are ok and not make anyone ill in the process!

So have an appointment on Tuesday with GP and hoping to wangle referral for tummy, thighs and boobs (not too much then!) but they are driving me crazy! Which is the worst bit the boobs as I am in constant agony in my shoulder and back! Not sure why but would like to find out if it is the slack skin and loss of fat!

Anyway stats for this week:
Weight loss = 1 lb
Inch loss = 3 inches
Total weigh loss = 106.5
Total inch loss = 89.5
BMI: 24.5

Yippee

Have a great week everyone and stay very positive.

Take care

Claire

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:39 am

Hello all

So much going on. Well I had my bandiversary and yes I met my target!

I am now at week 59 and weighing in at 9st 10.5 lbs never in my wildest dreams did I even think I could be this. I am stunned and so so pleased.

I had a little clear out over the summer via Ebay and bought some lovely new clothes. Currently wearing a size 10 on the bottom half and a 10/12/14 (depends on the cut and tailoring) on the top.

Applied for NHS funding for a breast reduction but was declined as my BMI had not be stable under 25 for 12 months. They have recorded it as August 2011 so I shall ask my GP to resubmit in a years time. I am sure I can grin and bear it.

As for food well I am trying not to lose weight but that's just not happening so thoughts are that I am probably going to have to have a slight defill and see where I go from there. I am very happy at the weight but really don't want to lose anymore. A few issues in the eliminations dept but nothing that prune juice can't sort out and keep at bay.

Have good days and bad days and days when I am absolutely starving and need to have a snack; mainly my school days as I am an early lunch and a little worried to eat in case I need to get rid or suffer with pains in my back. Managing so far.

Will post back again soon. Take care Claire x

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:10 am

Week 66

As you can see from my posts I am visiting the scales every now and then. Have stayed between 9st 9 and 9 st 12 fluctuates depending on time of month etc.

Still a few issues with food and have had quite bad acid reflux but decided that I need to eat earlier and this has improved.

Back into yoga fully now and doing lots of classes and personal practise. Trying to vosot the other forums to keep the support going for those that are considering the surgery or have had and are meeting obstacles etc

Just love my band and know that I wouldn't be where I am today if I hadn't have made the life changing decision to have it.

Anyway, be back sooner as waited far too long to get back on here. Stay focused and enjoy your journey.

All for now

Claire x

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:57 am

Happy New Year everyone.

Amazing that I have been a member of this forum for 18 months + and it's wonderful to see those that are making an active choice to change their lives so positively. Also to know that our journeys help them to see that the ups and downs of the band are part and parcel of what we have chosen to do. No it's not cheating and definately not a short cut. It's best to take it easy and slowly especially when you just don't know how your body is going to react.

18 months down the line and I have no regrets as I have a wonderful body and this was the tool to reveal it. I am so chuffed especially when I see friends who haven't seen me and they are so shocked by my appearance. Gosh it was bad before! Anyway, planning a little defil for January my belated Christmas present to myself as I would like to keep hold of some solids rather than losing them. So shall contact Julie to book an appointment for the latter half of the month. Just want to be able to eat a little bit more and on a regular basis. Not worried about gaining a few pounds (wow not sure I would have said that 18 months agao) just shows you the power of the band.

Well have a lovely New Years day. Here's to 2012 being a positive year.

Cx

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:01 am

I thought I would have a look at where I have lost the most inches over the last 18 months and these are the results. Total lost is 101.5 inchs all over.

Neck 2.75

Chest (Over) 16.75

Chest (Under) 10.5

Waist 15.75

Stomach 16.5

Hips 12.5

Leg Right 9.25

Leg Left 7.75

Arm Right 5.25

Arm Left 4.5

Total loss = 101.5

Have you kept a record of your weight and inch loss?
Cx

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  mummiesbb Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:03 am

I found my fill history and weight loss attached to it. Makes interesting reading Enjoy x

Total weight lost = 123.5 lbs
30/07/10 - 23/09/10 up to 1st fill (0ml) 25.5

23/9/10 - 28/10/10 from 1st fill to 2nd fill (3ml) 7.5

28/10/10 - 10/3/11 from 2nd fill to 3rd fill (2ml) 35.5

10/3/11 - 5/5/11 from 3rd fill to 4th fill (0.5ml) 18.0

5th May 11 - present from 4th fill (0.5ml) 37
----------------------------------------------------------
Pounds lost 123.5
Equivalent Kgs 56.1

Take care
Cx

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Mummiesbb journal - Page 3 Empty I'm Back

Post  mummiesbb Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:00 pm

Hello all

Yes I am back, been a little while and there have been a few twists and turns in the journey. I had a 2ml defill in January 2012 due to bad reflux and also extreme weightloss was down at 9st lbs and I looked like a bag of bones with lose skin. I was dehydrated and not managing to eat very much at all.

Had the defill and gradually had 1 3/4 mls put back and now I am training for a 1/2 marathon for March 2013 so my weightloss has started again. Currently weigh 11st 9lbs and comfortable but would like to get down to 10st 8lbs so about a stone to go. Reflux is much better and I can again sleep lying down.

I will update my ticker at some point just need to remember the password.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Take care
Claire
x

mummiesbb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum: